And I Love You Still…A Thoughtful Guide and Remembrance Journal for Healing the Loss of a Pet
Julianne Corbin, Ph.D.
Now available for purchase on Amazon and other major book retailers!
For those fortunate to have experienced the deep bond and unconditional love of a companion animal, the death that follows can be one of the most difficult and misunderstood losses to go through. Many times, this devastating loss goes unrecognized, if not trivialized, by family, friends, and society; leaving bereaved pet owners struggling with healthy ways to cope and very few professional resources available.
Dr. Corbin brings the consulting room to your fingertips in the ground breaking and one of a kind book. Drawing on 20 years of clinical, research, and personal experience Dr. Corbin calls attention to the difficulties unique to the loss of a beloved companion animal and provides an interactive and compassionate guide to help you process your loss and work towards coming to a place of peace and healing. If you are interested in Journal Therapy and looking for a professionally written AND compassionate resource to help understand and reconcile the grief associated with the loss of your companion animal then this book is for you.
Each chapter begins with a general overview, offering tips, recommendations for coping and thoughtful reflections, then transitions to a set of therapeutic questions and prompts intended to elicit personal reflections and insights. In, And I Love You Still..A Thoughtful Guide and Remembrance Journal for Healing the Loss of a Pet, Dr. Corbin challenges many myths associated with the death of a companion animal and discusses the impact of this disenfranchised loss on our emotional and psychological well-being. Dr. Corbin thoughtfully guides you to reflect on the special bond shared with your beloved companion animal throughout the years and provides a framework to help you express your most intimate thoughts and feelings associated with the stages of grief commonly experienced after the death of a companion animal. Providing a much needed respite of healing and comfort during your difficult time of loss, this book and remembrance journal guides you in understanding and processing important topics such as:
- The healing power of the human-animal bond; Why this once in a life-time relationship can be one of the most difficult losses to reconcile.
- A keepsake of reflective journal prompts to help capture precious memories of your special bond and relationship from the first day till the final.
- Stages of grief following the death of a companion animal with valuable information, coping strategies, tips, and insights for healing.
- Therapeutic journal prompts to help process through each stage of your personal journal of grief and healing.
- Ideas and information on memorializing and commemorating your beloved companion animal.
- Real life examples of love, loss, and healing from others who have experienced the devastating loss of a companion animal.
- Other important topics specific to companion animal loss.
And I Love You Still…A Thoughtful Guide and Remembrance Journal for Healing the Loss of a Pet, is written in tribute to all the companion animals who have graced our lives in ways only we could know. May this remembrance journal help you come to a place of comfort and healing in your journey towards recovery.